A few months ago I decided to start documenting my knowledge of how I approach Grand Challenges, big bold goals that take on socially intractable problems.
I have been privileged to work on five Grand Challenges:
1. Healthy Nurse Healthy Nation – to measurably improve the health of America’s 4 million nurses
2. The Thriving Earth Exchange – to help communities work with scientists to develop sustainable solutions
3. The Inteleos Ultrasound Proficiency Grand Challenge – to ensure patient safety when medical ultrasound devices are used
4. The Center for Financial Planning – to bring women and people of color into the finance profession
5. Stop Stigma Together – to eliminate the stigma around mental health and substance use disorders
I am documenting the models I use and sharing case studies to help anyone who is interested in doing a Grand Challenge. I am doing this on Medium. You can read and respond to my short articles here, including the recent case study of the Inteleos Ultrasound Proficiency Grand Challenge, which includes a wonderful video interview with Inteleos CEO, Dale Cyr.
Is there some knowledge you have that would be beneficial to others? Perhaps there is something you can do this week to make it available where it would make a difference.
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”