Today, I want to share with you six questions that I have found extremely helpful when developing strategy. They’re specific to associations, and they are inspired by Richard Rumelt’s model that he lays out in his excellent book, “Good Strategy/Bad Strategy.”
- What cannot change?
- What are the biggest hurdles your association is facing today?
- What are the biggest opportunities?
- What is the most important challenge that your organization must face in order to grow?
- What are the strategies for either overcoming that challenge or seizing that opportunity?
- What are your key results?
Watch the video above to learn how these questions work together to form the core of any kind of association strategy.