My interest continues to turn towards those leaders who take on intractable problems for the greater public good, those who forever break the limiting hold these issues have on humanity. I am looking for visionaries who are breaking through the boundaries we find ourselves constrained by.
I am particularly interested in those leaders who have figured out to resource (time, money, people) and sustain the work required to succeed. Here are some who come to mind:
- Bryan Stephenson – Equal Justice Initiative – Establishing racial justice
- Marla Weston – American Nurses Association – Measurably improving nurses’ health, and the nation’s
- Marilyn Mohrman-Gillis – Center for Financial Planning – Ensuring every American has access to competent and professional financial planning
- Chris McEntee – Thriving Earth Exchange – Creating science-based solutions for the planet, one community at a time
- Michelle Popowitz – UCLA Grand Challenges – Eradicating depression through brain science AND Making Los Angeles sustainable in energy and water
- Marcus Shingles – XPRIZE – Providing competition models that solve the world’s greatest problems
- Malala Yousafzai – Malala Fund – Creating a world where every girl can be educated and lead without fear
Do you know a leader who has taken on the impossible? I am compiling a list of those who are working today to solve the world’s biggest problems, puncturing the limitations of our civilization for the greater good. Please send me the names of anyone who comes to mind. I plan to do interviews, videos, and create resources to help these amazing people around the world learn from each other. I would love to include you in the process.
“Leaders of the future will have to be visionary and be able to bring people in – real communicators.”