My wife, the inimitable Laura Baron, has made another one of her wonderful videos – this one supports the work I am doing to eliminate the stigma around mental health and substance use disorders. It is so very special – please take 4 minutes and uplift your spirits! The video is here.
Stop Stigma Together has an upcoming summit in NYC, on Oct 28 & 29 to address stigma with children, youth, and families. I have listed some of our presenters below.
A link to the registration site is here.
Presentations & participants will include:
- Jed Foundation, on their just-released report – Exploring Stigma & Help-Seeking Behavior Among Teens
- NAMI Next Gen Youth Council – Co-Creating an Environment for Youth Mental Health to Thrive
- Save the Children & Rural Behavioral Health Institute – Reaching America’s Rural Population – Youth Psychosocial Support
- Leaders from the 3 organizations that declared a national emergency on children and youth mental health
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Children’s Hospital Association
- Live Podcast: Unapologetically Black Unicorns with Keris Myrick
- Ad Council – Strengthening Youth Mental Health Through Communications Programs
- Shine Hope Company – Evidence-based Hope: Learning the Tools to Give and Receive Hope
- Sesame Street in Communities: The Young Child’s Perspective and the Circle of Care
- Hazelden Betty Ford – A Child’s World: Breaking the Cycle of Addiction through Hope & Healing
- Amy Kennedy – Our Kids Come First: What We Can Do As Advocates For Youth Mental Health
Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested in attending. I would love for you to be a part of this important gathering. One of our key objectives is to build a united community to address stigma among children, youth, and families.
“The problem with the stigma around mental health is really about the stories that we tell ourselves as a society. What is normal? That’s just a story that we tell ourselves.”
– Matthew Quick, author, The Silver Linings Playbook