Every so often I go on a baking frenzy. Once several years ago, I was making cookies from a recipe and made a few mistakes in the recipe. It resulted in a new cookie in our house that now has the moniker, Ruchi’s Favorite Cookies… because they have become my daughter’s fave.
I think it is wonderful when you have an original ritual or recipe that becomes a family tradition. One time I laid them out on the cookie sheet and they all melted together before baking, turning into one giant cookie, which we embraced. Today when I bake them, there are always a few that pool together and these larger-than-normal cookies are enjoyed.
These cookies are very flat and crisp. Super sweet and crunchy.
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups white flour
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup brickel
1. Cream the brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the eggs one at a time.
3. Mix in 1/3 cup of water and the vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking soda and add to the butter mixture. Mix on low until the flour mixture is all in, and then mix in the brickel.
5. Freeze the dough.
6. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Using parchment paper, put small dollops on the pan.
8. Take out when uniformly brown, and let cool for at least 10 min before eating.
Do you have a fave ritual or recipe you might make this week?
“Once you have mastered a technique, you hardly need look at a recipe again and can take off on your own.” – Julia Child