I’ve worked with many boards leading strategic planning retreats, professional development seminars, and grand challenge discussions. Some boards are high-functioning. Others are not.
Through my work, I’ve identified four areas in which the most high-functioning boards excel, and each of the four areas is the responsibility of the organization’s CEO.
If you are a CEO looking to get the most out of your board be sure to:
- Educate your board
- Identify external resources your board can connect you with
- Build robust relationships at the top
- Introduce strategy
Watch the video above to learn:
- Why training is not education
- Why external resources are important
- The three most important groups to nurture your relationship with
- How understanding and introducing effective strategy can create a powerful force for success.
To learn more about the strategies outlined above download my report, Getting the Most from your Board.