We’ve spent the last few four weeks exploring three things the most successful CEOs are doing to drive growth within their associations:
- Investing in Your Social Systems
- Creating synergy between mission impact and profitability
- Design and deliver a grand challenge
We’ve covered social systems and synergy in previous videos. Today we will discuss how grand challenges – bold, socially beneficial initiatives, that bring people, organizations, and resources together to solve problems -impact association growth.
The American Nurses Association’s Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nations initiative is a great example of a grand challenge that not only solves a critical social issue but also benefits the organizations involved by;
- Creating new partnerships
- Enhancing esteem
- Increasing access to valued resources like money, time and, knowledge
- Appealing to members who want a noble purpose
- Amplifying mission impact
For a full look at these grand challenges and the other impact areas, download a copy of my latest report, Breaking Through.